updated: Vanilla | #Lohis14daysofAphrodisiacs
Recipe for ileri’s vanilla cupcakes now included!
Vanilla. This is undoubtedly my favorite smell in the world! at a close second is lavender (which is also an aphrodisiac) I love vanilla! it makes me happy! it makes everything feel fresh and clean and alive. Its just such a refreshing scent and I always try to add vanilla flavors into as many meals as I can. I remember going to mexico a few years ago and what did i bring back? huge jars of pure vanilla extract. it was the most pure version i have ever smelled! I was so sad when the last bottle finished. Its all good though, I make mine these days with vanilla bean! It is very easy but for today I wanted to show case one of my friends talents. The recipe for today is a basic vanilla cupcake but Ileri’s cupcakes look anything but normal! This girl is so talented! I am a huge fan of people that do things well! And unlike a lot of the cupcake companies out there with tacky decors and mediocre art, Ileri has grown her art and had taught herself to bake like a professional and I am so proud of her! I love her work and she is blessing us with a recipe today!
- 150g caster sugar
- 150g butter
- 130g self-raising flour
- 20g cornflour
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the buttercream
- 100g butter, room temperature
- 300g icing sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
Equipment you’ll need
- Cupcake Tin
- Cupcake Cases
- Hand Mixer
- Preheat your oven to 170°C.
- Beat the sugar and butter with the vanilla extract for 1 minute.
- Add egg one at a time to the mixture, till it is properly incorporated
- Add milk to make the consistency smoother of the mixture
- Combine the flour and cornflour in a separate bowl
- Combine the flour & Cornflour with the mixture and beat until just combined.
- Divide the batter between the 12 cases and bake for 25-30 mins
- To make the buttercream: Add butter, icing sugar and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl, then beat for about 3-5 mins with an electric whisk.
If you live in the UK and need cupcakes/Cakes for ANY event please contact my talented friend Illeri! This is her http://www.facebook.com/LeriLeBlancPatisserie?fref=ts and her twitter handle. Hope you enjoyed!
Till next time
February 06, 2016
May 27, 2014
March 31, 2014